About your Search

20121129
20121207
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3 (some duplicates have been removed)
the crisis sooner rather than later. >> should the rich just pay more? i'll ask former officials in the obama office. plus, raising taxes. >>> and tavis smiley, he is on a crusade. >> you can't have 1% of the people who own and control more wealth than the other 99% of the population. >> this is "piers morgan tonight." good evening, our big story tonight is really big, $550 million worth of money, powerball. you probably heard your odds of winning are one in 175 million, 223,000, 500 million in ten. and you are more likely to be crushed by a vending machine as you shake loose a candy bar. the odds of that, more than just 112 million. and many people, most of my staff included have bought tickets by the bucketload tonight. joining me now, this could be the quickest way to ruining your life. dave ramsey, the host of "the dave ramsey show" welcome. >> thank you piers, good to be with you. >> on the face of it. a good bit of fun everybody can hope and dream, what is wrong with that? >> well, the problem is several things. one is false hope, because as you said in your open analysis, you are more
that. let's look at earned income tax. they are lower now. all president obama is doing is saying let's go from 35% to 39.6% the same as it was under president clinton the economy did very well and it is more than just a drop in the bucket. just raising rates on people making over $250,000 would be a trillion dollar over the next ten years. >> $1 trillion is not to be sniffed at. some broke with the leadership and urged his party to extend the tax cuts to ensure that their taxes don't go up. he has a point there. who cares. >> sure, there is a point in there, i might dispute the numbers. i would argue, as the members of my party, that we have a spending problem as opposed to a revenue problem to my friend steve's remark about the clinton tax rates that sounds great to go back to 39%. but, actually, those budgets bear little resemblance to the tax rates. remember, in the latter clinton years, we were roughly at peace time and two, they had been a capital gains tax cut as part of the 1996 tax package. there happened to be a small thing at that time called a technology boom that it led t
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3 (some duplicates have been removed)